tiistai 9. helmikuuta 2016

OLA

I love getting letters from missionaries! Even though my own mission experience was only 4 months, I'm so proud of all my friends who are dedicating their time to serve Lord. I have learned so much from missionaries, this is what my MTC companion Hermana Johnson wrote today:

"There is a lesson we teach a lot here that is known as "OLA." OLA is an acronym for Orar (pray), leer (read) and asistir a la capilla (go to church). I never really thought about the significance of this lesson until this week when we talked about it in district meeting. The word "ola" in Spanish means "wave." A wave starts small, a movement that's barely noticeable. But it gains energy and keeps growing. Waves can become massive. They have the power to change entire landscapes. A wave starts small, but in the end it makes big changes. Praying, reading, and going to church are the same way. They are the small and simple things we all know we ought to do, but sometimes we (or at least I) forget how important they really are. Doing these basic things consistently gives us great power and can eventually lead to great changes in our lives."


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti